Thursday, August 23, 2012

Three-Oh.

2012 has undoubtedly been the best year ever. My husband introduced me to the love of my life, Jack Primo, earlier this year on January 11th. My sister said "I do" on July 29th to the man she was meant to meet, meant to fall in love with, and meant to marry. My brother and his adorable and oh-so-perfect-for-him fiance give us all "I know something you don't know" grins every time we ask them what their wedding plans are. The year has been one of the most difficult to swallow but so very rewarding. Life introduces crazy situations. I constantly am asking myself, "What just happened?" and think that nothing in my life has ever been so challenging. And then tomorrow comes.

Today I am 30. I share this day with Brandi. She is with me now even though she calls San Diego her home. Today has been the best day. My mom's yearly Happy Birthday song was waiting on my voicemail when I woke up. I came to work and found pictures of my boy with Chevron cars (I love a themed space like nobody's business), flowers, balloons, a delicious treat and gifts from my best friends and family. I even got chocolate and streamers. Streamers!

I pick up Josh tonight from the airport. He's been in Ohio all week getting to know fellow Air Force pilots and passing his AC1 (crazy) tests that the government requires in order to be accepted into the military. Less than a year now...he'll be leaving for Officer Training School and Boot Camp. What just happened? I'm very proud of him.


Jack's got the cold I've been battling all week. Hearing his sweet and innocent voice all course broke my heart this morning. He woke himself up coughing and as he whimpered to me I told him he'll be better by Sunday. He smiled. His old soul already knows this. I am in love. I am blessed.

A Merry Merry Birthday, to us.


1 comment:

  1. I am in LOVE with your new blog! You have a gift to write--I shouldn't be surprised as you are the most talented person I know. I love you!!

    ReplyDelete